Resort Concierge – Part Time, Walt Disney WorldApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 854913BR Location: Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business: Walt Disney World Resort Date posted: 09/05/2021
Job Summary:Disney Resort Concierge Cast Members create magic for our Guests by anticipating their arrival to The Walt Disney World Resort, welcoming Guests in a gracious and friendly manner. They provide personalized Guest Service, follow-up throughout our Guests stay and extend appreciation upon departure. Concierge Cast Members utilize a mobile device or computer while assisting Guests with check-in, check-out procedures and other services including itinerary planning and Guest Service Recovery.
The starting pay rate for this position is $14.70 per hour.
- Proactively engage and anticipate Guest needs, answer questions, give directions and other information
- Build and maintain relationships with Guests and Cast Members from all lines of business to provide excellent service to both our Guests & Cast
- Create, modify, and cancel dining & resort rooms reservations
- Promote and sell tickets as well as recreational offerings on property
- Confirm Reservations by providing comprehensive information about the resorts and dining using numerous software applications during this process
- Provide Guest Service when problems arise and help find solutions with Guests and Cast Members
- Passion & knowledge of Disney Products
- Process Guest transactions through a point-of-sale system, including; cash handling, credit card and touch-less payments
- Maintain discretion and Guest confidentiality
- Adaptability to the fluctuating needs of our operations and the plans of our Guests
- Physical role requiring heavy lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, twisting, and kneeling
- Escort guests various distance throughout the property to include the use of a motor vehicle
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, etc.) may be required
- Passion for serving others and demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- Computer proficiency while navigating through multiple computer applications
- Grammar Fluency
- Professional etiquette
- Hospitality Management Degree (B.A. or B.S) or current enrollment in a college/university earning a degree in Hospitality Management
- One (1) year in a Disney Guest facing role or related professional experience
- Experience with hotel operations
- Bilingual preferred
- Proficiency in LILO or other property management/hospitality reservation software
- High school diploma or GED
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY:
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Seniority based scheduling availability includes first, second and third shift if applicable; weekends, holidays, overtime and double shifts. The 3rd shift shifts begin working at 10:00pm or later and must be available until 9:30am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
Full Time classification requires full availability for any shift, seven (7) days per week, including nights and holidays. Full Time Cast Members must have 2 consecutive weeks of full availability for training.
Part Time classification requires full availability for any shift, three (3) days per week, including nights and holidays. Part Time Cast Members must have 2 consecutive weeks of full availability for training.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
KEYWORDS: CONCIERGE2021 CONCIERGE 2021 WDW: Walt Disney World Casting Hourly Jobs, WDW Casting
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.