Resort Guest Service H/H 3rd Shift- FT/PT , Walt Disney WorldApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 564576BR Location: Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business: Disney Parks & Resorts Brand: Walt Disney World Resort Date posted: 06/12/2018
Job Summary:A vacation at the Walt Disney World® Resort is a magical experience and it begins the moment our Guests check-in. By welcoming Guests upon arrival and providing them with the level of service that Disney is known for, our Guests experience the Disney magic from the moment they arrive.
This posting is for Resort Guest Service H/H 3rd Shift. 3rd shift positions start working at 10:00pm or later and must be available until 9:30am.
Resort Guest Service H/H 3rd Shift receive a starting rate of $10.85/hour
Responsibilities:At the Walt Disney World Resort our Resort Guest Service Cast Members are responsible for Guest check-in and check-out procedures, maintaining cash banks and register balances, posting room charges and rebates, and handling Guest questions and concerns in a high-volume, fast-paced environment at our Resort locations. Our Resort Guest Service Cast Members help with tracking Guest information and modifying room arrangements. They are also responsible for answering calls and taking messages to be logged for the Guest. Cash handling and computer skills are vital to the role. Long periods of standing in one spot, luggage assistance, and working outdoors as needed are also part of the Front Desk responsibilities. From our Value to our Deluxe Resorts, our Resort Guest Service Cast Members must maintain Disney quality Guest service, while maintaining a safe and clean work environment.
- Six (6) months in a Guest facing role/experience in Resort Front Desk, Guest Services, or related professional areas.
- Must have the ability to lift and carry 25 pounds, availability to continue product education and ability to complete daily cleaning duties.
- Candidates should exhibit strong organizational skills and an outgoing personality in addition to a positive, friendly, helpful attitude toward Cast Members and Guests to maintain the world-class quality of the Disney experience.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this role.
- Full-Time roles require full availability for any shift, any day, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Part-Time roles require FULL AVAILABILITY for any shift, a minimum of (3) three days per week.
- 3rd shift positions start working at 10:00pm or later and must be available until 9:30am.
- Two (2) years of college/higher education in a related field which include Hotel & Restaurant Management, Hospitality, or related majors.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Previous cash handling experience.
- Comfortable using mobile or hand-held computer devices or tablets.
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles. 3rd shift positions start working at 10:00pm or later and must be available until 9:30am.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.