Salon Stylist- Part Time, Walt Disney WorldApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 600318BR Location: Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business: Walt Disney World Resort Date posted: 10/05/2018
Job Summary:Come be a part of the magic helping our guests to transform during their Disney vacation! The Stylist team provides consultation and application services in the art of makeup application and perform professional cuts, elegant styles and updos, chemical services and therapeutic hair and scalp treatments. The Walt Disney World Resort has several salons and Cast Members will have the opportunity to work in all locations. The salons offer complete hair, nail, and makeup services.
Salon Stylist Cast Members receive an hourly rate per hour, and also receive commission and gratuity.
** Please remember to attach your resume along with your application to be considered for this role.**
- Provide consistent professional hair, makeup and nail services to Senses Spa guests
- Must be able to create updo’s to bridal parties and bridal makeup
- Broad understanding of color symmetry/coordination and understand the use and effects of different textures (frost, shimmer, etc.)
- Accurately book, change, and cancel salon appointments utilizing a salon booking software application (additional training required)
- Responsible for cash handling and POS transactions
- Must have the ability to create an image for the guest's needs/social event using different makeup colors, textures and application techniques.
- Must possess a technical understanding of product ingredients to avoid allergic reactions
- Must currently hold and maintain a Cosmetology license with state of Florida
- Must be able to complete a skills assessment in person at one of our Senses Spas
- Minimum (1) year of experience as a licensed Stylist
- Part-Time positions require a minimum of (3) days of full availability between 7:30am - 8:30pm
- Must have enthusiasm and possess excellent guest service skills
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Previous experience with ability to handle difficult/sensitive situations with minimal/no supervision
- Ability to confidently utilize service recovery methods
- Proactive in anticipating guest needs
- Must be able to stand during entire shift while providing services
- Basic computer knowledge
- Previous experience in a spa or hotel environment preferred
- Knowledgeable about the Walt Disney World Resort and surrounding area
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
You may only apply once in a six month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
KEYWORD: WDW Casting, WDWCASTING, Salon Stylist, Hair Stylist, Cosmetology, Spa Jobs
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.