Security Investigator, Walt Disney WorldApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 596142BR Location: Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business: Walt Disney World Resort Date posted: 09/24/2018
Job Summary:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world. “We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The Security Investigations team is responsible for a variety of investigative activities at the Walt Disney World Resort including: conducting investigations on matters related to workplace violence, fraud, theft, Cast Member misconduct, policy violations, intellectual property loss, and physical property theft. The team partners and collaborates with others within the Walt Disney World site as well as local, state and Federal law enforcement representatives to conduct comprehensive investigations.
Disney Security Investigator Cast Members receive a rate starting of $17.44/hour.
- Security Investigators conduct investigations assigned by management, which relate to the interests of the safety and security of Guests, Cast and company assets.
- Conduct complex investigations into potential unlawful activity, violations of company policies and procedures in an efficient, thorough and professional manner.
- Prioritize multiple investigative tasks and responsibilities in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining positive collaborative relations with various partners/clients.
- Thoroughly conduct interviews and inquiries in an effort to protect Walt Disney World assets.
- Track and analyze statistical information to identify trends and/or persons to resolve violations of company policies.
- Quickly and effectively respond to supervisory direction regarding the scope and direction of investigative tasks.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Cast Members at all levels and all lines of business to provide excellent service to our Guests and Cast.
- Use the appropriate guidelines with regard to incident response, and follow the appropriate guidelines for incident scene documentation, protection of evidence, and the notification process.
- Author detailed professional reports and maintain well-organized and accurate Incident/Case files.
- Conduct professional investigative interviews of Cast Members and other parties often involving sensitive subjects.
- Maintain strict discretion and confidentiality.
- Interface, as necessary, with executives concerning ongoing investigations and related investigative matters.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with law enforcement agencies and industry counterparts.
- Two years of experience in positions of increasing responsibility within security, military police, law enforcement field or related investigations discipline.
- Proven investigative experience to include: conducting interviews; locating, reviewing and analyzing physical and technical data; preserving evidence; and producing cohesive and thorough written reports.
- Experience with a standard case management systems, including entering and maintaining case documents and evidence.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in internet and open source intelligence research.
- Experience in fundamental business skills and proficiency in standard office software programs, such as word processing and spreadsheets.
- CFI (Certified Forensic Interviewer) designation
- Associates Degree or higher
- Bilingual (Spanish, Portuguese, French, Creole, Japanese, Arabic, Farsi)
- Knowledge and familiarity with Corporate, Government and/or Military intelligence
- Knowledge and understanding of Walt Disney World property, resources, policies and procedures
- Experience in behavioral, threat, vulnerability and/or risk assessments, with certifications a plus
- Experience with producing basic statistics and case analysis data in a standard case management system
- Experience in corporate structure and culture
- Security related memberships and certifications
- Schedule Availability
- Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am, 5:00am
- Full availability for any shift, seven (7) days per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays as required
- Ability to be flexible with work-hours in order to respond to urgent issues, to the situational needs and requirements of the workload.
- The Security Investigator position is a non-costumed hourly role.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.