Sewing Specialist- Full-Time/Part-Time, Walt Disney WorldApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 558282BR Location: Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business: Disney Parks & Resorts Brand: Walt Disney World Resort Date posted: 05/23/2018
“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true.
Responsibilities:Walt Disney Entertainment is seeking applicants for Creative Costuming Workroom positions. Candidates should have experience in one or more of the following areas: garment production, millinery, patternmaking or alterations. Require experience with industrial sewing machines and press equipment.
- Flexible scheduling availability including first and second shifts, third shift if applicable, weekends, holidays, overtime and double shifts
- Full-Time roles require seven (7) days of full availability. Part-Time roles require a minimum of three (3) days of full availability is required in order to be considered for this opportunity
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to work with all types of fibers and furs
- Perform minor maintenance on assigned single needle lock stitch sewing machines
- Thread and adjust all machines: merrow/overlock, hemmer, buttoner and single needle
- Push, pull, lift and/or carry a minimum of 20 lbs., including overhead
- Able to climb ladders, stairs and work in various elevations
- Stand throughout the duration of shift
- Work for extended periods of high activity
- Comfortable working in an area where may be exposed to performers in various stages of dress/undress
- Communicate with workroom coordinator about time cards and repair list
- Proven communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable for all business needs
- Demonstrated positive, friendly and helpful behaviors
- Three to five years' experience in garment construction or repair
Additional Information:KEYWORD: WDWCasting, Costuming
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.