Transportation Bus Driver- Full Time/ Part Time - $2000 Hiring Bonus
Lake Buena Vista, Florida / Orlando, Florida
Whisking guests off to their next magical destination is just one of the many benefits of being a Transit Bus Driver/Operator at Walt Disney World® Resort. With over 400 transit buses and 25,000 acres to cover (that’s approximately the size of San Francisco!), cast members in Transit Bus Operations drive multiple routes across property every day. Bus Drivers play the important role of transporting our guests from reality to fantasy both safely and efficiently.
- Full-time and Part-time Opportunities
- Paid CDL Training
Here are some of the top qualities that will help you achieve success in this role:
I am thrilled to meet people from all over, making magical moments, and working with a great group of people. I love my job!Suzy, Bus Operations, Walt Disney World Resort
Disney is a special place to work. The people that work here are very nice and treat you with respect.– Hector, Bus Operations, Walt Disney World Resort
ResponsibilitiesJob ID 563808BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Jun. 10, 2018
Job Summary:As a Walt Disney World Resort Bus Driver, you will…
- Create wonderful experiences for vacationing guests.
- Welcome and interact with guests as there is no fare collection.
- Drive the latest models of well-maintained transit and articulated buses.
- Not worry about the Florida heat as all buses are air conditioned.
- Focus on the safety of our guests as they travel throughout our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels.
- Be in the know with schedules posted at least two weeks in advance.
- Full Time Cast Members can expect to be scheduled a minimum of 32 hours a week
- Opportunities for extended hours
- Enjoy the magic yourself through a variety of Disney Benefits.
A Commercial Driver License (CDL) is not necessary to be considered for the Bus Driver role, although candidates must obtain/possess a valid Florida driver license to begin the CDL process. The new hire will receive paid training to obtain their CDL and the cost of the CDL will be covered by the company.
Bus Drivers receive a starting rate of $12.65/hour.
$2000 New Hire Bonus Incentive
To be eligible for the new hire bonus, cast members must be in the position continuously for at least 30 days after hire and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at time of payment. A cast member is hired after the successful completion of Disney Traditions or one full day of employment. To be eligible for an incentive bonus after 180 days, cast members must remain employed in the position continuously for at least 180 days and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at the time of payment. Payments will be made approximately two weeks after the 30, 90, and 180-day milestones, respectively. Bonus payments are subject to applicable taxes and other legal withholding. Disputes concerning eligibility to a bonus payment shall be resolved by Walt Disney World Recruitment in its sole and absolute discretion. The incentives offered herein are subject to change at any time, with or without notice.
- Driving multiple routes, based on guest demand, across the Walt Disney World Resort.
- Answer guest questions, spiel stops and safety information over a microphone.
- Operate a disabled lift to assist guests utilizing wheelchairs to gain access to the bus.
- Conduct vehicle inspections and ensure the safety of our guests and cast members.
- A Commercial Driver License (CDL) is not necessary to apply for the Bus Driver role, but will be required if hired into the role.
- Interested Candidates must have a valid driver license, and have possessed a driver license for at least 5 years to be considered.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this role.
- You must have no moving violations for the past twelve (12) months.
- Full Time requires full availability for any shift, seven (7) days per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays is preferred.
- Part Time requires full availability for any shift, a MINIMUM of three (3) days per week, including nights and holidays.
- Bilingual preferred.
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
You may only apply once in a six month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Paid Time Off
Disney Theme Park Experiences