Area Mechanic- Electrician, Walt Disney WorldApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 995710BR Location: Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business: Walt Disney World Resort Date posted: 06/21/2022
Job Summary:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world. “We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The Area Mechanic-Electrician is more than just a modern day Ironman of electricity. They respond to power outages, work on rewiring equipment, run conduit for fixtures, respond to trouble tickets, inspect electrical components, and install or rewire lighting. The Area Mechanic- Electrician is expected to bend electrical conduit and install various types of electrical raceways. The field service position may include work from elevated platforms and confined spaces throughout the Walt Disney World Parks and Resort property.
- Bend electrical conduit and install various types of electrical raceways
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance of electrical systems
- Respond to trouble tickets at a resort, park or other areas of WDW Parks and Resorts
- Cast members may be required to handle cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, etc.) may be required
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in the electrical field
- Proven experience with 3-phase power distribution up to 480V
- Knowledge of AC/DC motors, motor controls, motor repair, VFD, solid state systems, lighting, lighting controls, hydraulic and pneumatic control circuits
- Ability to read blue prints and schematics
- Ability to perform fault isolation and repair failed systems
- Experience with conduit and electrical raceways
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in standard office software programs and mobile electronic devices
- Experience with PLCs, relay logic and kitchen equipment
- Journeyman license
- Master Electrician license
- Familiarity with National Electrical code
Additional Information:Schedule Availability:
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Schedules and start times are subject to vary.
KEYWORD: WDW Casting, WDWCASTING, Maintenance, CMC WDW: Walt Disney World Casting Hourly Jobs
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.