Attractions- Part Time, Walt Disney WorldApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 977576BR Location: Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business: Walt Disney World Resort Date posted: 05/09/2022
Job Summary:Attractions Cast Members are focused on the safety of our Guest while creating a magical experiences throughout their stay. Attractions Cast Members are responsible for engaging Guests, loading and unloading attractions, operating sophisticated ride systems, delivering narrations of varying lengths in front of large groups and providing audience control in various weather conditions.
Attractions Hosts and Hostesses roles receive a starting rate of $15.00/ hour.
- Prolonged standing and walking to various areas of the ride track to include including climbing several flights of stairs
- Enforce policies and ride restrictions to include monitoring and measuring children at height station
- Ensure safety of ride operation to include verifying that safety restraints and belts are correctly secured before the ride is set into motion
- Provide safety and ride information spiels on a microphone
- Engage with Guest by address needs by answering questions, giving directions and other information about the theme park or surrounding areas
- Records hourly ride capacity and cycles
- Prolonged standing to perform and maintain crowd control during peak operational hours in outdoor settings during different weather conditions
- Take ownership during emergencies situations
- Must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this role
- Strong written and interpersonal communications skills
- Physical role requiring heavy lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, twisting, and kneeling
- Observational skills to proactively identify Guest needs and ensure safety guidelines are being followed
- Part-Time requires full availability for any shift, a MINIMUM of three (3) days per week, including nights and holidays.
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, etc.) may be required.
- Cast members may be required to handle cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Bilingual preferred
- Previous experience speaking in front of large groups or audiences
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
KEYWORD: WDW Casting, WDWCASTING WDW: Walt Disney World Casting Hourly Jobs WDW Hourly
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.