Attractions (runDisney) Seasonal, Walt Disney WorldApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 1016514BR Location: Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business: Walt Disney World Resort Date posted: 08/04/2022
Job Summary:Attractions (run Disney) Seasonal Cast Members are focused on the safety of our Guest while creating a magical experience throughout their stay. Attractions (runDisney) Seasonal Cast Members are responsible for engaging Guests, prepping for races, distributing race material, delivering narrations of varying lengths in front of large groups and providing audience control in various weather conditions.
The Attractions (runDisney) Seasonal Cast Member will be required to attend a two (2) day weekend training during the time period from 09/10/2022-09/25/2022.
The Attractions (runDisney) Seasonal will be required to have full weekend availability (Thursday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday) for race/event weekends:
- Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend: November 3, 2022-November 6, 2022
- Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend: January 4, 2023-January 8, 2023
- Princess Half Marathon Weekend: February 23, 2023-February 26, 2023
- Spring Event: April 13, 2023-April 16, 2023
- Cheer Event: Weekend availability March 2023-April 2023
Attractions (runDisney) Seasonal receive a starting rate of $15.00
- Prolonged standing and walking to various areas of the race route to perform and maintain crowd control during peak operational hours in outdoor settings during different weather conditions
- Adaptability to the fluctuating needs of our operation
- Take ownership during emergencies situations
- Proactively engage with Guest needs by answering questions, giving directions and providing other information about the theme park or surrounding areas
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, etc.) may be required
- Cast Members may be required to handle cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this role
- Physical role requiring heavy lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, twisting, and kneeling
- Ability to stand for long periods of time or walking long distance
- Sound judgment and decision making
- Observational skills to proactively identify Guest needs and ensure safety guidelines are being followed
- Knowledge of routes & roadways to destinations within the Walt Disney World Resort®, including Theme Parks, Water Parks, Resorts, and Disney Springs
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- Driver's license from any state
- Flexible with work schedule, including overtime, weekends and holidays
- Bilingual preferred
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
KEYWORD: WDW Casting, WDWCASTING WDW: Walt Disney World Casting Hourly Jobs WDW Hourly runDisney
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.