CNC Sheet Metal, Walt Disney WorldApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 1173839BR Location: Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business: Walt Disney World Resort Date posted: 02/12/2024
Job Summary:Do you have prior experience with sheet metal? Walt Disney World is currently seeking a CNC Sheet Metal Cast Member! We are looking for individuals who will base measurements, cuts and welds based off blue prints and specifications. You will use specialized equipment to weld and assemble new metal forms. The sheet metal worker will use prior experience of layout, pattern drafting and set up of CNC machines. This role will be located in the welding shop! We hope you bring your talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for. As a Cast Member, you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our growing innovations.
The pay rate for this role in Florida is $27.75 per hour.
Select benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, such as medical, financial, and/or other benefits. To learn more about our benefits visit: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
- Cut, bend, and shape sheet metal to the required dimension
- Fabricating parts to shop sketches and engineering drawings with tolerance.
- Measure, cut, and weld pieces together according to specifications, blueprints, or directions
- Connect pieces or secure seams by riveting, rolling, soldering, or using steel screws
- Use appropriate machinery and software applications to complete assigned
- Possess a valid Florida Driver's License
- 2 (two) years’ experience in layout, fitting, pattern drafting, set up and manual CNC machines such as Laser, Press Break and Water Jet
- Calculate bend allowances, cut, form, and fit all commercial metals: carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminum, and copper alloys
- Prior experience operating powered metal working machinery (shears, press brakes, and punching equipment)
- Knowledge of powered hand tools and machines to sand, grind, and polish metals
- Willingness to work in confined spaces and off of ladders
- Align with all required regulatory training
- Experience working from blueprints, sketches, and verbal instructions
- Experience in Cincinnati Laser and Flow Water Jet
- Trade School Graduate or equivalent experience and relevant certification
- Expertise in CAD and BIM software and blueprint interpretation
Additional Information:Schedule Availability:
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Schedules and start times are subject to vary.
Keyword: wdwcasting WDWCASTING WDW Casitng FOS
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.