CNC Specialist, Walt Disney WorldApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 1034597BR Location: Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business: Walt Disney World Resort Date posted: 09/20/2022
Job Summary:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world. “We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The starting pay rate for this role is $26.68
Responsibilities:A CNC Specialist is something of a geometry super hero. As a CNC Specialist, you will create parts and geometry from nothing but a piece of material using engineering prints and documents. Your expertise will furnish parts for many of our rides and equipment. As a CNC Specialist, you will be part of the team that helps Guests create memories that last a lifetime. Individuals in this role may work from elevated platforms and confined spaces throughout the Walt Disney World Parks and Resort property.
- Required to create part geometry from prints
- Must write and produce parts within print specifications
- Work at a consistent pace and meet (or exceed) outlined performance expectations
- Recognize and suggest improvements to machining methods
- Cast Members may be required to handle cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, etc.) may be required
- Must possess a Valid Driver’s license
- Must be able to read prints and engineering documents
- Must have online programming experience with at least one for following equipment manufactures; Mazak, Okuma, or Toshiba
- Ability to set up and machine parts on CNC mills/lathes. Experience needs to be more than a high volume production operator.
- Proven math skills and ability to run multiple machines with minimal direction.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in standard office software programs and mobile electronic devices
- Experience with CNC Boring Mill, machining Castings and Weldments
- Experience with the process of working on repair and overhaul parts, not just mass production pieces.
- Experience with Mazak Vertical and Horizontal Mills
- Experience with CNC Okuma Mills and Lathes
- Programming experience with SolidWorks and Master Cam
Additional Information:Schedule Availability:
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Schedules and start times are subject to vary.
Keyword: wdwcasting WDWCASTING WDW Casitng FOS
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.