Cogen Operator, Walt Disney WorldApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 884723BR Location: Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business: Walt Disney World Resort Date posted: 01/13/2022
Job Summary:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world. “We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Responsibilities:The Cogen Operator is responsible for the operation and routine maintenance of the RCID Cogen and Central Energy Plant. Any given day they will monitor plant equipment and system status, responding to all plant alerts and alarms. The field service position may include work from elevated platforms and confined spaces throughout the Walt Disney World Parks and Resort property.
- Operate gas turbine, steam turbine centrifugal and absorption chillers, air compressors, diesel generators and all support equipment
- Validate the operation of equipment, document the operational status and make necessary adjustments to optimize equipment performance
- Perform sequencing of equipment to meet production demands while optimizing plant efficiency
- Respond to emergency conditions that may require restarting the entire facility
- Perform routine water treatment tests and operate chemical equipment to maintain water chemistry
- Cast members may be required to handle cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, etc.) may be required
- Valid Florida driver’s license
- Universal EPA certification (Type I, II, III) or the ability to obtain within 90 days of hire
- Pass a Cogeneration Power Plant certification test within six months of hire
- Four years of experience working with industrial equipment operation or a related field
- Working knowledge of energy production equipment such as chillers, cooling towers, diesel powered generators, fire tube boilers, centrifugal air compressors, plant controls and ancillary equipment
- Experience working with different types of oil, grease and lubricants
- Possess the ability to interpret blueprints and flow charts
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in standard office software programs and mobile electronic devices
Additional Information:Schedule Availability:
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Schedules and start times are subject to vary.
WDW Casting, WDWCASTING WDW: Walt Disney World Casting Hourly Jobs WDW Hourly WDWMaintenance
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.