Cosmetologist 2 - Full Time - Walt Disney WorldApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 1154658BR Location: Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business: Walt Disney World Resort Date posted: 11/18/2023
Job Summary:Have you ever wanted to work within the Disney wig rooms, parade locations, stage shows and special event areas where they build, style, and maintain multiple creative wigs for performers and Audio-Animatronic figures across The Walt Disney World Resort? We are currently seeking Cosmetologists! In this role, we work with Cast Members applying prosthetics, facial hair, theatrical makeup, and guiding accurate makeup application. We may also support film shoots, media events and convention shows.
Cosmetologists receive a starting pay rate of $21.00 per hour.
Select benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, such as medical, financial, and/or other benefits. To learn more about our benefits visit: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
To be considered for this role you must pass an in-person assessment at The Walt Disney World Resort.
- We take ownership of maintaining all wigs (washing, combing, drying, setting, and styling) for all Walt Disney World Theme Park Entertainment offerings, Auto-Animatronics and any special events
- Re-create wig styles based on provided documentation and/or photo references
- Display working knowledge with lace, human hair, fur, yarn, and other synthetic fibers
- Help assemble and coordinate make-up kits for performers
- Facilitate and instruct performer makeup application for show and sets
- Support entertainers with parade step off, show pre-sets and strikes, quick changes
- Display proficiency with wig steaming, roller sets, basic wig comb outs
- Prolonged standing and walking to multiple areas in indoor and outdoor settings during different weather conditions
- Work with chemicals daily including hair products and cleaning solutions
- Complete daily cleaning procedures (e.g., recycling, maintaining shampoo sinks, station maintenance, disinfecting shared workspaces, etc.)
- Apply, remove and maintain basic prosthetics
- Dress, re-dress and style Audio-Animatronics figures, including fitting hairpieces and wigs of different fibers and yarn
- Assist with inventory projects and perform quality evaluations of products
- Flexible with work schedule, including location and time of day
- Be at least 18 years of age
- A valid Driver’s License
- Willingness to drive company vehicles
- Proven experience with synthetic and human hair wig styling using appropriate styling tools
- Styling experience with period styles involving finger waves and French Twists
- Experience working with performers in various states of dress and undress
- Basic hand sewing
- Ability to use and learn new technology
- A valid Florida Cosmetology license
- Two (2) years of experience in a salon, theater department, or film/tv hair and makeup department
- One (1) + years’ experience creating or styling synthetics wigs
Additional Information:SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
KEYWORD: WDWCasting, WDW Casting
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.