Cosmetologist - Barber Shop/Cast Salon – FT/PT, Walt Disney WorldApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 1153641BR Location: Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business: Walt Disney World Resort Date posted: 11/14/2023
Job Summary:We are currently seeking Cosmetologists! Have you ever wanted to work at the Harmony Barbershop at the Magic Kingdom or our backstage Cast Salons where you can create magical haircut and grooming experiences for our Guests and fellow Cast Members? Beyond performing haircuts and salon services, we greet Guests, answer questions, process sales and maintain appointment lists. Other responsibilities may include work in our wig rooms maintaining creative wigs for performers and Audio-Animatronics figures, as well as applying theatrical make-up, prosthetics, facial hair and guiding accurate makeup application.
The pay rate for this role in Florida is $21.00 per hour.
Select benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, such as medical, financial, and/or other benefits. To learn more about our benefits visit: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
To be considered for this role you must pass an in person assessment at The Walt Disney World Resort.
- Coordinate with and cut/style Guests hair
- Use reservation system and point-of-sale system including cash handling
- Answer phone calls, make appointments, and assist with client inquiries
- Shampoo, condition and treat hair by arranging, shaping, cutting, straightening, or curling to client vision in a timely manner
- Complete fades, flat tops, buzz cuts, clipper-over-comb cuts, scissor-over-comb cuts, layering and bang trims
- Shape, wax, and trim unwanted facial hair or beard and mustache trimming and grooming
- Perform salon services including hair color, foil highlights, and permanent waves
- Use pixie dust to perform “Magical Moments” and fill out “My First Haircut” certificates
- Maintain a hygienic workplace by cleaning floors, surfaces, counters, tools, chairs and displays using brooms, brushes and cleaning chemicals
- Maintain supplies by checking inventory, placing orders, and anticipating client needs
- Prolonged standing and walking to multiple areas in indoor and outdoor settings with varied weather conditions
- Flexibility with work schedule, including location and time of day
- Be at least 18 years of age
- A valid Driver’s License
- A valid FL Cosmetology License
- An individual tax permit that is current and paid
- Proven experience with clippers, scissors, trimmers, and razors
- Experience with synthetic and/or human hair wig styling
- Experience with makeup application
- Two (2) years of experience as a licensed Cosmetologist
- One (1) + years' synthetic wig styling experience with period styles involving finger waves and French Twists
Additional Information:SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
KEYWORD: WDWCasting, WDW Casting
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.