Cosmetologist - Stylist - Full Time Walt Disney WorldApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 978546BR Location: Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business: Walt Disney World Resort Date posted: 06/21/2022
Job Summary:The Cosmetology Stylists at the Walt Disney World Resort work in our Cast Salons and Harmony Barbershop, where they create magical haircut and grooming experiences for Cast Members and Guests. As a Cosmetology Stylist you will provide haircuts, trims and other salon services. The Cosmetology Stylist will work with Cast and Guests, process sales, assigning Stylists and maintaining the cleanliness of the salon. As a Cosmetology Stylist you will build, style and maintain wigs for performers and Audio-Animatronic figures across the Walt Disney World Resort.
Cosmetology Stylist receive a starring pay rate of $16.90/hour.
- Provide a variety of haircut and grooming experience for Guests and Cast Members
- Operate a Point-of Sale system
- Schedule and assign clients to stylist
- Build, wash, set and create wigs from photo documentation
- Assemble, create, and organize make-up kits
- Train Entertainers on proper makeup application
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, etc.) may be required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Have a valid Florida Cosmetology license
- Work in outdoor settings during multiple weather conditions
- Work with chemicals daily including hair products and cleaning solutions
- Part Time roles require full availability for any shift, a MINIMUM of three (3) days per week, including nights and holidays
- Full Time roles require Full availability for any shift, seven (7) days per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Two (2) years of experience as a licensed Cosmetologist
- Cash handling experience
- Experience with clipper cutting and various short hair styles
- Experience with wig styling, synthetic hair and human hair
- Experience with makeup and prosthetics
Additional Information:SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
KEYWORD: WDWCasting, WDW Casting
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.