Cosmetology Specialist – Full Time/Part Time – Walt Disney WorldApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 1154657BR Location: Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business: Walt Disney World Resort Date posted: 11/16/2023
Job Summary:Have you ever wanted to design and develop creative wigs for various entertainment offerings? We are currently seeking Cosmetology Specialists! In this role, we are the subject matter experts in the creation and production of wigs and facial hair, as well as sophisticated makeup, airbrush, and prosthetic application. We also build and maintain wig and makeup documentation.
The pay rate for this role in Florida is $22.00 per hour.
Select benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, such as medical, financial, and/or other benefits. To learn more about our benefits visit: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
To be considered for this role you must pass an in person assessment at The Walt Disney World Resort.
- Make, shape, trim, cut and style wigs and facial hair of different fibers and grades
- Build wigs from raw materials and manage inventory of materials
- Demonstrate proficiency in sophisticated wig styling
- Advanced wig application (such as lace front, blended, or with adhesives), roller sets as well as makeup and/or airbrush application
- Sew together and fasten materials including fur, braids, facial hair, bonded hair to construct wigs
- Build hairpieces such as braids, switches, and chignons
- Use and maintain clippers, scissors, trimmers, and razors
- Build and maintain wig and makeup documentation
- Research wig and makeup options for new designs
- Partner with Show Directors and Costume Designers on new offerings
- Support performer fittings and trainings
- Connect with vendors on production quality and quantities with supervision
- Track work in progress including budget goals
- Supervise production and communicate progress to leadership for a timely delivery
- Be at least 18 years of age
- A valid Driver’s License
- A valid FL Cosmetology License
- Experience with synthetic and/or human hair wig styling involving finger waves and French twists
- Experience with sophisticated makeup application
- Two (2) years of experience as a licensed Cosmetologist
- One (1) + years of experience crafting or styling synthetic wigs
- Solid understanding/skill in crafting iconic Disney character wigs and facial hair
Additional Information:SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
KEYWORD: WDWCasting, WDW Casting
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.