Costume CAM Specialist 2- Pattern Maker - FT, Walt Disney WorldApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 1118759BR Location: Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business: Walt Disney World Resort Date posted: 08/01/2023
Job Summary:We are looking for a Costume CAM Specialist 2! Costume CAM Specialists help bring our iconic Operations, Entertainment and Character costumes to life. These dedicated Cast Members create patterns (both manually and electronically) and technical drawings, as well as maintain documentation and digital pieces Additionally, you will connect with vendors and analyze and interpret line drawing. You will also write specs and submit correction sheets for revision to tech packs!
This role includes an 8 hour in person assessment.
The pay rate for this role is $22.05
- Build technical sketches using Adobe Illustrator or other comparable software
- Build line drawings
- Create patterns for new development
- Analyze & interpret line drawings
- Pattern customization for individual garments
- Digitize, modify and accurate patterns
- Provide yields for Bill of Materials on replenishment orders
- Vendor communication and troubleshooting with supervision
- Perform outside vendor sample assessments
- Take measurements of garments and for size charts
- Write specs in Microsoft Excel
- Evaluate prototype garments or samples
- Connect with Costuming Leaders and attend meetings with various levels of the organization
- Input and update garment measurements
- Be at least 18 years of age
- A valid Driver’s License
- Sophisticated knowledge of garment patterning, cutting and construction
- Exposure to all type of fibers; manufactured or natural
- Comfortable working in an area where you may be exposed to performers in multiple stages of dress and undress
- Flexible with work schedule, including overtime, weekends and holidays
- Part Time roles require full availability for any shift, a MINIMUM of three (3) days per week, including nights and holidays
- Full Time roles require Full availability for any shift, seven (7) days per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays is preferred
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator, Gerber Accumark or AutoCAD
- Experience with Apparel Industry, Textiles, Theater or related field
- Experience with commercial sewing machines, press equipment and tools
- Experience crafting and modifying proportional flat sketch line drawings of complicated garments in Adobe Illustrator
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
KEYWORD: WDWCasting, Costuming, WDW: Walt Disney World Casting Hourly Jobs
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.