Electrician Systems Tech, Walt Disney WorldApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 1115931BR Location: Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business: Walt Disney World Resort Date posted: 09/17/2023
Job Summary:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world. “We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The Electrician Systems Tech provides support to the alarms team. The alarms team services and supports the Walt Disney Parks and Resorts alarms, fire protection, security systems and additional electronic systems all across the property. This is a field service position that may include work from elevated platforms and confined spaces throughout the Walt Disney World Parks and Resort property.
The starting wage for this role is $29.68.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance on fire protection/security systems, and associated proprietary electronic monitoring systems.
- Cast members may be required to handle cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, etc.) may be required
- Minimum of 4 years' experience as an electrical technician
- Must possess a valid Florida Driver’s License
- Must possess strong electronic skills
- Must be able to demonstrate troubleshooting skills for this type of equipment, and demonstrate skills in soldering/desoldering, smoke detector sensitivity measuring equipment, and schematic reading
- Familiarity with NFPA Fire Protection Codes and Standards will be required
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude
- Must have previous experience with fire protection equipment/systems (Siemens/Cerberus/Pyrotronics, or Edwards System Technology EST-1, EST-2, EST-3, and EST-QS)
- Experience in troubleshooting digital and analog circuits to the component level is required
- Must have or be able to obtain within 60 days, a Florida State Alarm Systems
- Agent/Burglar Alarm System Agent (FASA/BASA) registration
- Must have or be able to obtain Level-1 NICET Certification within 60 days
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in standard office software programs and mobile electronic devices
- An Associate’s degree in Electronics or equivalent
Additional Information:Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Schedules and start times are subject to vary.
KEYWORD: WDW Casting, WDWCASTING WDW: Walt Disney World Casting Hourly Jobs
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.