Irrigation Specialist, Walt Disney WorldApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 1031383BR Location: Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business: Walt Disney World Resort Date posted: 05/29/2023
Job Summary:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world. “We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The Irrigation Specialist is responsible for maintaining, repairing, and rebuilding hydraulic components of the computer controlled irrigation systems throughout Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. The Irrigation Specialist is a self-starter that can quickly evaluate many types of irrigation systems. The field service position may include work from elevated platforms and confined spaces throughout the Walt Disney World Parks and Resort property.
The starting pay rate for this role is $22.76
- Perform maintenance on all components of computer controlled irrigation systems
- Maintain and evaluate existing hydraulics in irrigation piping
- Diagnose pressure loss and the ability to calculate flow velocity
- Conduct installation(s), repair(s), electrical troubleshooting, and auditing of existing irrigation systems
- Cast members may be required to handle cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, etc.) may be required
- Valid Florida driver’s license
- Certified Landscape Irrigation Auditor certification
- Understand basic irrigation design, irrigation equipment, and electrical principles
- Minimum of 5 years’ irrigation experience
- Experience with computer controlled irrigation systems
- Knowledge of irrigation principles and practices such as soil to water and plant relationships
- Knowledge of hytrol valves and piloting systems such as Cla-Val, Watts or Ames
- Proficient using diagnostic tools such as: multimeters, flow meters, fault finders, locators, and leak detectors
- Ability to read blueprints
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in standard office software programs and mobile electronic devices
Preferred Qualifications:• Well versed in Math
Additional Information:Schedule Availability:
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Schedules and start times are subject to vary.
©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity
KEYWORD: WDWCasting, WDW Casting, WDWCASTING WDW: Walt Disney World Casting Hourly Jobs WDW Hourly
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.