Laundry Advance Assistant (Linen Handler)- FT/PT, Walt Disney WorldApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 1053254BR Location: Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business: Walt Disney World Resort Date posted: 11/15/2022
Job Summary:Linen Handlers are focused on creating magic for our Guests during their Walt Disney World® Resort stay by ensuring the highest standards of cleanliness & Guest Service. Linen Handlers safely deliver linens to the designated linen storage areas and retrieve soiled linens. This role also conducts inventory, as well as maintains and transports linen orders for designated locations across the Walt Disney World property.
Laundry Advanced Assistants receive a starting rate of $15.00 per hour.
- Provide support to the Distribution Drivers at the resorts by ensuring linens are picked up from designated zones and delivered to linen closets
- Deliver and retrieve housekeeping and food and beverage linens
- Ensure the storage rooms are stocked with linens
- Build and maintain relationships with Guests and Cast Members from all lines of business to provide excellent service to both our Guests & Cast
- Conduct visual inspection of metros
- Inventory and order linen for designated resort sites
- Maintain safety of our Guests while operating vehicles, including Pargos
- Knowledge of routes & roadways to destinations within the Walt Disney World Resort®, including Theme Parks, Water Parks, Resorts, and Disney Springs
- Prolonged standing and working in outdoor settings during all weather conditions
- Demonstrate good judgment and decision-making skills
- Clean hazardous spills with personal protective equipment
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, etc.) may be required
- Must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this role
- Must have a valid Driver's License
- Written and verbal communication skills in English
- Computer proficiency while navigating through multiple computer applications
- Professional email etiquette
- Physical role requiring frequent lifting up to 40 lbs. as well as pushing and pulling up to 80 lbs
- Frequent bending, twisting, and kneeling
- Prolonged standing and walking in outdoor settings during all weather conditions
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision
- Bilingual preferred
- Prior Laundry experience in a high-volume production environment
- Prior Houseperson experience
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY: Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION: After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
KEYWORD: WDW Casting WDWCASTING
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.