Lifeguard Job Fair, Friday, 10/07, Walt Disney WorldApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 1035162BR Location: Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business: Walt Disney World Resort Date posted: 09/21/2022
Job Summary:The Walt Disney World Resort invites you to explore Lifeguard opportunities at our upcoming Lifeguard Job Fair on Friday, October 07, 2022 from 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM at Mickey’s Retreat.
Come meet our Lifeguard Trainers and Recruiters and learn more about our dynamic Lifeguard teams who work hard to make our Guests’ dreams come true in more than 50 resort pools and 2 waterparks at the Walt Disney World Resort. Qualified Candidates will have the opportunity to interview on site and complete a required Lifeguard Shallow or Deep Water assessment during the event! See below for more information about the assessment.
At this event, you will have the chance to see what it takes to excel in this role. Lifeguard responsibilities include ensuring the well-being of our Guests, keeping pool areas clean, and answering Guest questions and providing information. License training is provided and conducted over 3 consecutive days weekly. Walt Disney World Resort Lifeguards are eligible for paid training with Ellis and Associates, Inc.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to learn more about what it’s like to make unforgettable memories for our Guests! Candidates are encouraged to apply online prior to the event. What are you waiting for? Slip into your swimsuit and apply today!
We currently have available:
Full Time which requires full availability for any shift, any day, including nights, weekends, and holidays
Part Time which requires full availability for any shift, a MINIMUM of Three (3) days per week, including nights and holidays
Please note: If you are not able to attend the event on the specified date you can apply by clicking the following link(s)
Lifeguard- Part Time, Walt Disney World Click HERE to Apply
Lifeguard- Full Time, Walt Disney World Click HERE to Apply
When: Friday, October 7, 2022 from 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Where: Mickey’s Retreat
8151 Lake Forest Dr.
Orlando, Florida 32821
Lifeguard Assessment includes:
Ability to pass a vision screening with at least 20/25 vision, corrected or uncorrected.
This screening is a standard way to validate lifeguards can hear the basic distress communication signals (Fox 40 whistle) upon hire, as well as, in an active aquatic environment.
- Swim distance using freestyle and/or breaststroke without resting:
- Using a feet-first dive, retrieve a 10-pound brick from a depth of:
- Tread water without using hands:
**Please bring your swimsuit, a towel, identification, and corrective glasses or contact lenses as necessary for the vision screening. Applicants may also choose to bring swim goggles at their discretion. **
Lifeguard Hosts and Hostesses receive a starting rate of $15.25/hour for shallow water, and $16.25/hour for deep water.
- Recognize and respond effectively in emergency situations
- Enforce policies, rules and regulations of the Recreation locations
- Participate in regular in-service training
- Dispatch Guests at various Slide Locations
- Clearing pool deck of used towels, lifejackets, and trash
- Switching out used and clean towel bins
- Meeting and Greeting Pool Guests
- Proactively address Guests needs by answering questions, giving directions and other information regarding the hotel/resort or surrounding areas
- Ensure the safety of Guests, will be a first responder to emergency situations
- Full-Time requires FULL AVAILABILITY for any shift, any day, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Part-Time requires FULL AVAILABILITY for any shift, and a MINIMUM of (3) THREE days per week.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this role.
- Strong observational skills to proactively identify Guest needs and ensure safety guidelines are being followed
- Strong verbal communication skills (able to positively engage with Guests, team members, and management)
- Ability to detect and respond to noises and distress signals in an aquatic environment, including in the water and anywhere around the zone of responsibility
- Must be able to observe all sections of an assigned zone or area of responsibility
- Ability to pass a vision screening with at least 20/25 vision, corrected or uncorrected
- Ability to pass a hearing screening to validate lifeguards can hear the basic distress communication signals at the time of hire, as well as, in an active aquatic environment
- Lifeguard training is provided and must be successfully completed
- Perform work that may involve lifting Guests, in and out of the pool up to 100 lbs.’ or more with assistance
- Previous Lifeguarding or Swimming Instructor experience preferred
- Bilingual preferred
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
KEYWORD: Job Fair
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.