Pool Attendant- Part Time, Walt Disney WorldApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 1034228BR Location: Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business: Walt Disney World Resort Date posted: 09/18/2022
Job Summary:Pool Attendants are focused on providing safe swimming conditions for our Guests. Cast will help maintain pool equipment, while monitoring and adjusting chemicals to provide safe swimming conditions. Pool Attendants will be responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the pool and surrounding areas.
New Cast Members will receive paid training including obtaining their Aquatic Facility Operator License through a 2 day on-site course.
Pool Attendant Hosts and Hostesses receive a starting rate of $15.00/hour
- Duties will include getting into the water on a daily basis to clean tiles, vacuum pool, check grates at the bottom of the pool, inspect pool lights, and clean hair baskets
- Comfortable working in and around Pools
- Partner on a daily basis with Recreation Coordinators, Recreation Leaders, Engineering/Maintenance to advise on daily operation and function of pools, water features and spas
- Comfortable working with the following:
- Pool Chemicals
- Pool Pumps
- Large pool filters
- Chemistry Readings
- Accurate Record Keeping
- Able to read and follow chemical charts
- Enforce polices, rules and regulations of the recreation location
- Must Have Valid Driver’s License
- Strong verbal communication skills (able to positively engage with Guests, Cast Members, and leadership)
- Physical role requiring heavy lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, twisting, and kneeling
- Assist with the evacuation of pools in the event of an emergency
- Work in an outdoor setting in various weather conditions
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (hearing protection, safety googles) while doing certain duties
- Comfortable driving a van or box truck
- Part-time requires full availability for any shift, a MINIMUM of (3) THREE days per week, including nights and holidays
- Full-Time roles require FULL AVAILABILITY for any shift, seven (7) days per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Previous Aquatic Facility Operator Experience
- Bilingual preferred
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
KEYWORD: WDW Casting, WDWCASTING
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.