Resort Concierge – 3rd Shift – Full Time, Walt Disney WorldApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 1014069BR Location: Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business: Walt Disney World Resort Date posted: 08/02/2022
Job Summary:Disney Resort Concierge- Third Shift Cast Members create magic for our Guests by anticipating their arrival to The Walt Disney World Resort, welcoming Guests in a gracious and friendly manner and provide the highest level of service during overnight hours. They will work autonomously and have a high-level of responsibility in an environment with little to no supervision. Resort Concierge-Third Shift Cast Members will provide personalized Guest Service, follow-up throughout our Guests stay and extend appreciation upon departure. They will utilize a mobile device or computer while assisting Guests with check-in, check-out procedures and other services including itinerary planning and Guest Service Recovery.
Resort Concierge H/H Cast Members receive a starting rate of $15.70/hour. 3rd shift Resort Concierge Cast Members will be paid a $.60 shift differential.
This posting is for Resort Concierge H/H 3rd Shift. 3rd shift positions can be scheduled to start at 10:00 p.m. or later and must be available until 9:30 a.m.
To expedite consideration, we highly recommend that you upload your resume when completing the application for this posting.
Responsibilities:Walt Disney World Resort Concierge-Third Shift Cast Members are responsible for delivering friendly anticipatory guest service personalized to each Guest’s unique needs throughout their stay. They are responsible for Guest check in and check out, assisting Guests with questions or concerns, following company policies and procedures, creating a safe work environment, providing appropriate recovery, and communicating with our Guests both verbally and via email/ text. They are knowledgeable about our Walt Disney World Resort Theme Parks and other property offerings in order to assist Guests with booking dining, spa, tours, and recreation reservations, and using discovery skills to sell Theme Park tickets. Our Third Shift Resort Concierge are expected to engage and assist guests using mobile devices throughout the Resort lobby (stand, sit, and walk for an extended period of time) and be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects 25 lbs. or less on their own.
- Proactively engage and anticipate Guest needs, answer questions, give directions and other information
- Build and maintain relationships with Guests and Cast Members from all lines of business to provide excellent service to both our Guests & Cast
- Autonomously work during the overnight hours, with a high-level of responsibility in an environment with little to no supervision
- Create, modify, and cancel dining & resort rooms reservations
- Promote and sell tickets as well as recreational offerings on property
- Confirm Reservations by providing comprehensive information about the resorts and dining using numerous software applications during this process
- Provide Guest Service when problems arise and help find solutions with Guests and Cast Members
- Passion & knowledge of Disney Products
- Process Guest transactions through a point-of-sale system, including; cash handling, credit card and touch-less payments
- Maintain discretion and Guest confidentiality
- Adaptability to the fluctuating needs of our operations and the plans of our Guests
- Physical role requiring heavy lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, twisting, and kneeling
- Escort guests various distance throughout the property to include the use of a motor vehicle
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, etc.) may be required
- Full-Time Resort Concierge Third (3rd) Shift roles require SEVEN (7) days of FULL availability to start at 10:00 p.m. or later, and must be available until 9:30 a.m.
- Passion for serving others and demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- Computer proficiency while navigating through multiple computer applications
- Grammar Fluency
- Professional etiquette
- Maintain safety of our Guests while operating vehicles, including with passenger
- Driver's license from any state
- Knowledge of routes & roadways to destinations within the Walt Disney World Resort®, including Theme Parks, Water Parks, Resorts, and Disney Springs
- One (1) year in a Disney Guest facing role or related professional experience
- Experience with hotel operations
- Bilingual preferred
- Proficiency in LILO or other property management/hospitality reservation software
- Hospitality Management Degree (B.A. or B.S) or current enrollment in a college/university earning a degree in Hospitality Management
Additional Information:KEYWORDS: CONCIERGE2022 CONCIERGE 2022 WDW Casting WDW: Walt Disney World Casting Hourly Jobs
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.