Salon Stylist - Part Time BENCH, Walt Disney WorldApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 1068959BR Location: Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business: Walt Disney World Resort Date posted: 01/25/2023
Job Summary:The Salon Stylist creates magic for our Guests during their visit to Walt Disney World. As the Salon Stylist, you will work in all the Walt Disney World Property salons. You will provide consultation and application services in the art of makeup application and perform professional cuts, styles, up-dos, and therapeutic treatments. You will create stylish and trendy make-over experiences, which are inspired by characters from our Disney Catalog. The position requires an in-person skills assessment at one of our salon locations.
Salon Stylist Cast Members' starting pay rate for this position is $12.00/hour, eligible for commission and gratuity.
** Please upload your resume along with your application to be considered for this role.**
This posting is to gather interest for current openings as well as interest in a bench for future openings.
- Provide professional hair, makeup, and nail services to the Walt Disney World Salon guests
- Create up-dos for bridal parties and apply bridal makeup
- Accommodate all Guests by using different makeup colors, textures, and application techniques
- Maintain an understanding of product ingredients to avoid an allergic reaction
- Recognize current trends within the Salon industry and learn ways to expand skills
- Engage with Guests by greeting arriving guests, addressing needs, answering questions, giving directions, and remaining positive and upbeat
- Repetitive heavy lifting of 5-25 pounds repeatedly
- Physical role, pushing, pulling, bending twisting, and kneeling
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, etc.) may be required.
- Cast Members may be required to handle cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Possess and maintain a Cosmetology license with the state of Florida
- 1 (One) year of experience as a licensed stylist
- Experience with Men’s and Women's haircuts, style and makeup application, and nail services
- Maintain discretion and Guest confidentiality
- Verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- Computer proficiency while navigating through multiple computer applications
- Part Time roles require full availability for any shift, a MINIMUM of three (3) days per week, including nights and holidays
- Full-Time roles require Full availability for any shift, seven (7) days per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Experience working in a spa or related experience
- Knowledge of the Walt Disney World Theme Parks & Resorts
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
KEYWORD: WDW Casting, WDWCASTING, Salon Stylist, Hair Stylist, Cosmetology, Spa Jobs
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.