Security Plain Clothes Operative (PCO), Walt Disney World
Orlando, Florida | Lake Buena Vista, Florida
As a Security Host/Hostess, the main goal is to provide a safe and secure environment at Disney Parks & Resorts. Cast members may work in various locations throughout our Theme Park and Resort Hotel areas, both on-stage and backstage, maintaining an environment that enables our guests and cast members to experience the magic of Disney. By combining behavioral assessment procedures with technology, they perform enhanced screening at entry points, while maintaining diligent awareness of surroundings and communicating all vital information to team members.
- Full-time and Part-time Opportunities
- Paid Security Training
Here are some of the top qualities that will help you achieve success in this role:
I love working at the Walt Disney Company where our mission is to create happiness, also, being able to work with a very diverse and dynamic team makes it a rewarding career choice.- Colin, Disneyland Resort, Security Emergency Services
ResponsibilitiesJob ID 669622BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Jun. 02, 2019
Job Summary:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world. “We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Protecting the Magic is the main goal of the Walt Disney World® Resort Security team. Cast Members may work in various locations throughout our Theme Park and Resort Hotel areas, both on-stage and backstage, maintaining an environment that enables our guests and cast members to experience the magic of Disney. As a Security Plain Clothes Operative your duties will entail managing stressful situations while delivering consistently high guest service.
Disney Security Plain Clothes Operative (PCO) Cast Members receive a rate starting of $16.00/hour.
- Perform semi-covertly operational job functions (unless otherwise directed by management) to observe and report suspicious activities.
- Identify potential issues and areas of opportunity, sharing conclusions with management and investigations.
- Ability to work both independently and with others.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and discretion.
- Author detailed professional reports and maintain well-organized and accurate files.
- Requires fastidious attention to detail
Basic Qualifications:These are the minimum qualifications you need to be considered for the job:
- Related experience in positions of increasing responsibility within security, military police, law enforcement field or related investigations or loss prevention discipline.
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively and report critical issues quickly and accurately.
- Analytical experience in performance based, action and results oriented setting
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with off-site supervision
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communications skills (including radio skills)
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to problem solve and to remain composed and effective in stressful situations.
- Ability to work with multiple departments and various levels of leadership
- Experience in fundamental business skills and proficiency in standard office software programs, such as word processing and spreadsheets
- Full schedule availability and flexibility including all shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Associate's Degree or higher in Criminal Justice, Private Investigations, Homeland Security, Emergency Management, Emergency Medical Services and/or any other Security related field
- Bilingual (Spanish, Portuguese, French and/or Japanese)
- Knowledge of, or experience in, Behavioral Assessment techniques
- Familiarity with Corporate, Government and/or Military intelligence or loss prevention related field
- Surveillance, patrol and or investigative experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Walt Disney World property and resources.
Additional Information:To expedite consideration, we highly recommend that you upload your resume when completing the application for this posting.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Paid Time Off
Disney Theme Park Experiences
Disability Accommodation for Employment Applications
The Walt Disney Company and its Affiliated Companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers and welcome all job seekers including individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities. If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or apply for a position, email Candidate.Accommodations@Disney.com with your request. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or correspondence. We will only respond to those requests that are related to the accessibility of the online application system due to a disability.