Transportation Bus Driver- Part Time, Walt Disney WorldApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 1133823BR Location: Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business: Walt Disney World Resort Date posted: 08/24/2023
Job Summary:Do you enjoy driving and have a passion for safety? The Walt Disney World Resort is recruiting Transportation Bus Drivers who are positive, diligent, and passionate about maintaining the safety of our guests as they travel throughout multiple routes within our parks and resorts! As a part of our hardworking team, you would be expected to observe Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and other state and local traffic laws and meet Department of Transportation Physical Standards.
A Commercial Driver's License (CDL) is not vital to be considered for the Transportation Bus Driver role but will be required if hired into the role. If selected, you will receive paid training to acquire your CDL and the cost of the CDL will be reimbursed by the company. Those interested must acquire/have a valid Florida Driver’s License to begin the CDL process.
At the Walt Disney World Resort, we are makers and doers. Experience the Disney Difference through outstanding and unique perks and benefits like cast-exclusive discounts, and access to tuition assistance through Disney Aspire!
The pay rate for this role in Florida is $20.50 per hour. Select benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, such as medical, financial, and/or other benefits. To learn more about our benefits visit: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
- We maintain the safety of our guests while operating vehicles, including buses and passenger vans, and we take ownership during emergency situations
- We manage the vehicle inspections, which include a high level of memorization, and we safely drive in various environments including pedestrians, wildlife, and other guest vehicles in different lighting scenarios & inclement weather
- We greet and provide a warm welcome to our guests as they board the vehicle
- We spiel and communicate with guests over a microphone to provide safety and other information
- Knowledge of all routes & roadways to all destinations within the Walt Disney World Resort including theme parks, water parks, resort hotels, and Disney Springs
- Routes often change with short notice due to Guest demand
- Assist guests with boarding:
- Operate an accessibility lift as well as push & pull wheelchairs
- Involves lifting, bending, stooping, and twisting while using belts and straps to secure the guests to provide a safe ride
- Operate an accessibility lift as well as push & pull wheelchairs
- Load/unload Electronic Convenience Vehicle (ECV) and folding strollers
- Interact with a professional motor vehicle software system
- Ability to climb to varying heights
- Responsible for keeping vehicles clean and presentable at all times
- Prolonged standing to perform and maintain crowd control during peak operational hours in outdoor settings during different weather conditions
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, etc.) and handling cleaning chemicals and supplies may be required
- At a minimum, qualified Candidates must have at least 5 years of current valid licensed operating experience which must be continuous and last three years must have been in the United States. If license was held in Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, or any US Territory, a valid US Driver’s License from the continental United States including Hawaii and Alaska must be currently held for 1 year
- Must be at least 21 years of age due to licensed driving requirements
- Part-Time Bus Drivers will need to be FULLY available for the first 8-12 weeks after their start date.
- Part-Time Bus Drivers would need to select two days from the following options: Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Their third day can be any other day they wish, but two of their three available days MUST be one of those three listed days.
- Ability to communicate both verbal and written information in English to guests and Dispatch Operators
- Proven record of following state and federal motor vehicle regulations
- Must meet Department of Transportation Physical Standards and Regulations
- Florida CDL Class A or B with Passenger Endorsement
- Related Bus Driver experience
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our theme parks and resort hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Schedules and start times are subject to vary.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
Keyword: WDW Casting wdwcasting Bus Driver
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.