Transportation Maintenance Mechanic: Tram Passenger Vehicle, WDWApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 1069071BR Location: Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business: Walt Disney World Resort Date posted: 03/15/2023
Job Summary:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world. “We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen! The Transportation Maintenance Mech is responsible for the maintenance of the Walt Disney World Parks and Resorts fleet of vehicles. The Transportation Maintenance Mech might perform work on an SUV, semi-truck, forklift, pontoon boat, monorail, tram passenger vehicle, Safari Ride Vehicles or other fleet vehicles that operates within the resort. The Transportation Maintenance Mech has experience rebuilding and repairing gearboxes. The field service position may include work from elevated platforms and confined spaces throughout the Walt Disney World Parks and Resort property.
Starting Pay Rate for this position is $26.29/hour
- Perform preventative, corrective and unplanned maintenance on transportation vehicles
- Troubleshoot and repair brakes, hydraulic equipment, air compressors and compressed air systems, suspension, steering, air conditioning and heating, and exhaust systems
- Cast members may be required to handle cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, etc.) may be required
- Valid Florida CDL Class A or B driver’s license with passenger endorsement or the ability to obtain the permit prior to hire
- Minimum of 4 years’ in the automotive maintenance trade
- Must have or be able to obtain the MVAC 609 refrigerant recovery certification within 90 days of hire
- Ability to obtain any necessary ASE certifications within 90 days of hire
- Experienced in industrial preventative maintenance, repair and inspection of transit, over-the-road commercial equipment, trucks, GM passenger vehicles, cranes, bulldozers, forklifts or other fleet maintenance
- Experience troubleshooting, removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting engine emission, driveline, and electrical/electronic components
- Experience rebuilding and repairing gearboxes
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in standard office software programs and mobile electronic devices
Additional Information:Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Schedules and start times are subject to vary.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.