Transportation Steam Trains – Area Mech Fleet A MechanicApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 1018391BR Location: Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business: Walt Disney World Resort Date posted: 08/28/2022
Job Summary:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world. “We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The Walt Disney Company’s steam trains are one of the most unique forms of transportation at Disney – the Area Mech Fleet A Mechanics strive to ensure that it is also one of the safest in the world. As a seasoned mechanic, you know what it is like to work in a shop, but using your skills at Disney is a completely unique experience.
The Area Fleet A Mechanic is responsible for keeping our steam trains in full repair so that our Guests get around Magic Kingdom, comfortably, and safely. Our first-class shop puts efficiency, productivity and concern for the safety of our mechanics front-and-center, with state-of-the-art equipment, excellent ventilation and shade of the garage to keep the sun off your back. This is a field service position that may include work from elevated platforms and confined spaces throughout the Walt Disney World Parks and Resort property.
- Provide maintenance support to the fleet of Steam Trains
- Perform preventative maintenance, routine maintenance, and planned work repairs on the Steam Train fleet both at the roundhouse and in the field
- Perform preventative maintenance, routine maintenance, and planned work repairs on the track system
- Answer non-routine service calls
- Cast members may be required to handle cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, etc.) may be required
- Valid Florida Driver’s License
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience with Steam/Diesel locomotives and passenger cars
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience with railroad track repair
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience performing maintenance and repairs on boilers
- Possess the ability to interpret schematics, prints and tech drawings
- Experience with steam locomotives and railroad standards
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in standard office software programs and mobile electronic devices
- Over 4 years’ experience in transit maintenance repair
- Experience with Cummins Insite diagnostic
- Knowledge of Therma King IntelligAire climate control systems
- Experience with marquee destination sign repair
- Multiplex Electronic Equipment experience
- Familiarity with transit GPS tracking
- Understanding of Wheelchair lift/ramp
Additional Information:Schedule Availability:
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Schedules and start times are subject to vary.
Keyword: WDW Casting, wdwcasting, Maintenance, CMC WDW: Walt Disney World Casting Hourly Jobs
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.