WDI Show Mechanical Engineering Internship - Orlando, Spring 2018Apply Job ID 495790BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney Imagineering Category Creative Date posted 10/12/2017
What we’re looking for…
An intern to work within the department that performs mechanical engineering related to animatronic figures and show action equipment, where durability, long life, reliability and safety are a must. We are responsible for various engineering tasks: concepts, mock ups, design, hazard analysis, FMEA & system safety, FEA, design reviews, documentation and the overall functionality to fulfill the creative intend (look, feel & sound right).
- Perform mechanical design under the direction of others
- Design simple components
Basic QualificationsWhat you bring to the role…
- Demonstrated ability to do basic engineering analysis and calculations
- Possess a basic knowledge of mechanical components and manufacturing processes
- Experience with AutoCAD and SolidWorks
- **MUST POSSESS VAILD DRIVERS LICENSE**
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or higher, or graduated within the past 6 months, from an accredited college/university, earning a degree majoring in Mechanical Engineering
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationMaterials Required:
College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Edit Profile Info”
- Click on the “Attachments” Tab
- Be sure your document is in the required title format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcript)
- Select document type of “Other”
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college /university within the past 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Must possess valid driver's license
The approximate dates of this internship are January 2018 through June 2018. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description:
Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.