VP, Human ResourcesApply Job ID 495605BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Disney Parks & Resorts Category Disney Parks and Resorts Date posted 10/12/2017
The VicePresident Human Resources is part of the Shanghai Disney Resort Steering Committee and is responsible for the planning, integration, and implementation of all HR strategies in support of the development and on-going sustainment of the resort.
Dual Reporting Relationship: GM, Shanghai Disney Resort and Vice President, HR, North Asia, The Walt Disney Company.
ResponsibilitiesThe VP, Human Resources serves as a strategic leader for Shanghai Disney Resort. The ideal candidate must demonstrate a combination of relevant China HR experience, deep people leadership experience, strong business acumen and significant Human Resource (HR) functional knowledge to guide the development of HR strategies that will attract, develop and retain the breadth of talent required to drive business success.
This position requires an individual that can assess business situations as well as identify and implement the appropriate business, organization and / or people strategy solutions. Anticipating trends, making pro-active recommendations, being highly influential and advocating workplace inclusion are critical components to the role. The VP of Human Resources works closely with HR functional teams to drive, integrate, and implement HR strategies that enable the business. This leader also participates on senior executive steering committees, interfaces with relevant government agencies and JV partner. He/she is responsible for developing a strategic roadmap that aligns business strategy with HR goals and initiatives.
- Serve as partner and trusted adviser of the General Manager and the Steering committee especially as it relates to people strategy.
- Develop, implement and integrate all human resource policies and programs.
- Hire and develop functional leaders in all human resources areas: Recruitment, Learning and Development, HR Business Partners, Employee Relations, Compensation and Benefits, HR Operations, and HRIS.
- Manage and lead the whole HR organization to include HR development, and keep the team highly engaged and at peak performance.
- Develop and implement the overall executive, managerial, professional, technical, administrative and host/hostess recruitment strategies.
- Design, develop and ensure smooth administration of all compensation and benefit programs.
- •Deliver valued rewards in the most cost-effective (short- and long-term) manner that is overall competitive with top quality MNC in the Chinese Market.
- Ensure healthy and smooth partnership with the local union, market partners and HR counterparts in JV partner.
- Integrate all functional HR teams and segment partners to deliver comprehensive HR strategies.
- Act as the face of HR for the company which may include doing external communication as an employer of choice, negotiations with JV partner and other external agencies.
- Responsible for senior-level decision making and both day-to-day management and strategic direction of the organization.
- Develop and implement an annual roadmap for HR strategy, in line with the business plan. Ensure HR plans support the needs of the business but are also flexible enough to cope with changes in the organization, as and when they occur.
- Work across diverse lines of business to support HR work across the Resort and coach executives on people strategies aligned with their business goals.
- 12 + Years of HR generalist or related experience, ideally as an HR executive for a multi-functional, multi-national, multi-line-of-business organization. Having led an HR team in China is preferred.
- Proven strong leadership of a broad, sizeable HR organization.
- Strong knowledge and experience with HR Business Partner (generalist), Talent Acquisition/Planning, Learning and Development, Employee Relations, Organizational Development, Change Management, and Diversity & Inclusion functions.
- Broad business and financial understanding and the ability to apply to human capital implications.
- Ability to think strategically, synthesize complex business/financial data and develop innovative and holistic HR solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to manage simultaneous priorities.
- Resilience to work within a complex organization and find creative solutions.
- Willingness to work and integrate with multiple partners.
- Strong executive consulting and client relationship skills.
- Proven collaboration skills with the ability to gain consensus through personal influence.
- Proven ability to manage conflict and the courage to challenge organizational thinking.
- Demonstrated ability to invite diverse perspectives, and promote an inclusive work environment.
- Demonstrated integration and strategic planning skills.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated facilitation and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and partner within a diverse organization to help drive business results.
- Act as a role model for the organization; looks beyond own team as a role model and source of knowledge.
- Works with others in a collaborative and solutions-focused manner to achieve win-win outcomes.
- Able to work to deadlines and adapt to changing conditions; ability to generate effective and pragmatic solutions to new situations and problems as they are presented.
- Able to problem solve both operational and strategic issues through a pragmatic and commercially sound approach.
- Thinks Strategically
- Drives Results
- Builds Teams
- Builds Relationships
- Inspires Creativity and Innovation
- Exhibits Professional Excellent
- Communicates Effectively
- Champions Change
- Embraces Disney Heritage and Values
- Delivers Excellent Service
- Promotes Workforce Diversity and Workplace Inclusion
- Demonstrates Technical and Functional Competence
- International and China experience preferred.
- MNC experience.
- Bachelor’s degree and above.