Area Mechanic Technician– Kitchen (HVAC)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID: 1042865BR Location: Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business: Walt Disney World Resort Date posted: 01/31/2024
Job Summary:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world. “We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The Area Mechanic – Kitchen Tech is more than just someone that knows the way around a kitchen. They troubleshoot, perform maintenance and/or operational procedures in all phases of plumbing, HVAC, kitchen equipment, refrigeration work. Among many tasks, the Area Mechanic – Kitchen Tech must be able to repair soda and beer drink systems, repair commercial kitchen equipment, and know all about the plumbing trade. The field service position may include work from elevated platforms and confined spaces throughout the Walt Disney World Parks and Resort property.
Starting Pay Rate for this position is $27.35
- Ability to troubleshoot, calibrate and adjust pilots, thermostats and burners, transformers, controls, relays, heaters, elements, switches and controls on kitchen equipment
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance of commercial kitchen equipment
- Respond to trouble tickets within areas of WDW Parks and Resorts
- Ability to use the tools of the trade (e.g. multimeter, refrigerant gauges, charging charts, hand tools etc.)
- Cast members may be required to handle cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, etc.) may be required
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in refrigeration
- Universal EPA Certification (Type I, II, and III)
- Experience with commercial kitchen repair and maintenance
- Knowledgeable with CO2 systems that include soda and beer drink systems
- Extensive knowledge in electrical controls with the ability to troubleshoot and repair commercial kitchen equipment both electrical and gas fired
- Ability to read blue prints and schematics
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in standard office software programs and mobile electronic devices
Additional Information:Schedule Availability:
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Schedules and start times are subject to vary.
Keyword: WDW Casting, wdwcasting, Maintenance, CMC WDW: Walt Disney World Casting Hourly Jobs
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.